Jan 25, 2010

Happy Republic Day


Today is the 61st Republic Day of the Republic of India. That didn't come out right, did it? anyways I remember this day when I was in school. Lots of parade practice everyday after school leading to this day. I was in N.C.C. in my school. So they will select the best cadets to represent the school at the city level parade held at the stadium in my city. So on the Republic day parade we used to go to our school with our extra clean uniforms, shining shoes for the flag hoisting at school. After that we used to mount the NCC truck and move to the stadium take the designated place for our school. Then we had to wait for the chef guest to arrive but it was some how all worth it because we got extra refreshment then usual and we got to march in front of a huge cheering crowd was such a big thing and it really felt very patriotic.

I would rush from the stadium to my home after the parade to catch the live telecast of the parade from Delhi on doordarshan, I used love watching all the colorful tabloes and all the military gear: fighter jets, tanks, ballistic missiles was really awesome.


That also remind me how I wanted to be in the armed forces and serve my country . But its all a fond memory now.But make no mistake I am still as patriotic as I was then and I am still as exited to see all the military gear. May be more so now that i have been away from my beloved India for more than a year now.

below is a live stream of the parade from New Delhi courtesy nic India.


You do not have Real Player Installed- Please download and install to view Webcast




Enough said. Jai Hind!!.


No comments:

Post a Comment